The Warrior Code is a law for all warriors, apprentices, and deputies to follow. It is supposed to have been passed down through generations. Breaking the Warrior Code results in punishment from the leader, according to StarClan rules.
Rules of the Clans Edit
- Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain with your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
- Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
- Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they are given permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.
- Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
- A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
- Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after recieving their warrior name.
- A cat cannot be made deputy unless they have mentored at least one apprentice.
- The deputy will become Clan leader after the leader dies or retires.
- After the death or retirement of the deputy, a new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.
- A gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among the Clans at this time.
- Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
- No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different Clan.
- The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.
- An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or it is necessary for self-defense.
- A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.